Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Prayer #8

If you're following along with me here, you've possibly noticed my one day delay. I'm not proud of it, but I was, for longer than I'm proud to admit, sucked into a vortex of unwanted feelings and thoughts I cannot completely relay here because that's not what this blog is for. Though it's not over, I'm slowly but surely seeing the light of love shining through the mire and it's comforting to know it's been there all along. Thanks for coming along.

Dear God,

I pray that he would know what he's good at. It's sometimes easier to see the talents and good in those around you than it is to see it in oneself. I ask Dad that today you would give him fresh eyes to see himself- that You would open his heart up to know all the wonderful gifts You've given him; even the ones that seem insignificant or trite. I pray that all those he comes into contact with today would experience a specific area of his gifting and would just affirm that quality in him. Dad use everyone around him to confirm that he is a blessing and a gift to all those that know him. I pray that he would be filled with a deep sense of satisfaction at the way You created him. Dad would you give him just the truest of hearts and minds that would be open to knowing himself as You know him.

No comments: