Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is to keep my mind and heart set on the person God has for me. I know that somewhere in a different time, in the future, I'm married to an amazing man and we are creating an incredible home and family. Unfortunately or fortunately I experience time in a linear fashion, so I've got to wait. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very active person who has a successful career and full social calendar. I'm just really wanting a "partner in crime" at this point in my life. So while I wait and continually get asked out by men who don't love Jesus, I decided my waiting doesn't have to be passive. I can pray and play a role in my future husband's life, today. Because who knows, maybe he's in a spot where he needs a lot of prayers. I don't know, but you never know.

The idea for this blog came through a process of self-discovery. Sometime last year, God gave me this idea of asking Him to give me a million prayers for my husband. I thought this was great because this way I could take some of that lonely, "what am I doing wrong," "where the hell is he?" "is it ever going to happen?" energy and channel it in a useful direction.

Yesterday, I was in the shower, where most great ideas are birthed when I wondered what had become of my petition for a million prayers to God concerning my future husband (hereto referred to as MFH). Nothing happened to it. I had prayed perhaps half a dozen times and I couldn't remember what about specifically. My petition was unsuccessful in getting me to pray for my husband more, and I decided that rather than think about the million, I would ask God for a prayer a day for MFH. I decided to blog it each day so that I'd be held accountable to ask God each day for a prayer. It will also be an interesting experiment when MFH becomes just MH and we look back at this blog and see what he was doing at those times when I was praying, and see how God was speaking to me about him, even though I didn't know MH then.

**
This is not about "the one" because I don't believe that there is only one person out there for me. My theory on "the one": It is merely a numbers game, and in that I am only one person and I intend on only getting married once, there is one man out there who will hopefully be the one that I marry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

precious, relevant, and relatable.